Each and every command on Apple devices requires the internet as we can't embed our screen time counter into the operating system. Something may be stuck and we may need to reset but first and for prudence, can you do a couple of things before we reset:
- Open Boomerang and is it asking for the Notification Permission? If not, go to Settings, Boomerang, and enable the Notification Permission. Now, from your device, can you do a Grant Usage command? Apps come back?
- Can you toggle the Wifi Off/On and ensure that the device is connected to the internet. Wait for 5 minutes when it is reconnected. Apps come back?
If above does not work, then let’s reset: uninstall and reinstall.
- Remove Device Management Profile: On your child’s device, go to Settings, then General. Scroll down and look for Device Management, tap it and tap to Remove.
- Uninstall Boomerang App as you would any App.
- Then Download fresh from Apple App Store and reinstall.