Text message logs are not recording text messages from your child's device.
- Review Boomerang's local permissions: Do we still have the proper permissions for Contacts and SMS? On your child’s Android device, go to Settings, search for “permissions” and review Boomerang’s permission list. Boomerang should have the following enabled: Contacts, Location, Phone, SMS.
- Texting app - is the texting app the default Android one? If not, we highly recommend to use Android’s Messages app which is the default stock texting app that comes with Android. It’s here on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging
- Is your child using another app to message their friends? Many social media apps like Instagram and Snapchat have built-in messengers now and we do not monitor these. Simply ask your child how they "text" their friends.
Hint: Check the app usage report to see which apps they use the most.
- Is your child using another “user account” on their phone to “bypass” our app? Some devices allow the use of a Guest account or creating a second user profile on their Android phone. This results in bypassing our app. Our latest version should block access to this area on most Android devices.
- Reporting schedule: by default, we only collect information from child devices every 3 hours. This means, there will always be a delay of up to 3 hours when collecting information like text message logs, call logs, app usage, etc. If you wish to make the collection more aggressive, you can do it from our web dashboard here: http://app.useboomerang.com/My/Settings (login with your group email and password).
Looking to collect all contents from your child's text messages? Check out our web dashboard overview that covers how to do this: https://youtu.be/6shLpbyNyXI?t=5m33s
My permissions settings on my son's phone only show camera, location, storage. The boomerang app is updated and he is running the new Motorola One 5G Ace :-(
Hi Samuel - you are probably using our Google Play version. To get our calls and text message features, please install the version from this link which requires you to sideload our app. This version has on and off triggered Google's Play Protect service (we do not know why) so please let us know if this is an issue for your install.
Please sign in to leave a comment.