We are excited to launch our latest beta of Boomerang. This version has some superb optimizations to our App Blocking technology and also introduces Per App Daily Limits.
Get this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.nationaledtech.Boomerang over to your child devices and join our beta program. Tap on “Become a Tester”. Alternatively, visit the Boomerang Parental Control Google Play listing from your child device and scroll all the way down to the "Become a beta tester" section and tap "I'M IN."
Then, the Google Play will take a hour or so to update and then when you next visit the Google Play Store and search for Boomerang Parental Control, you will have access to the beta version. You will know that you do when the (Beta) is added to the Google Play Listing such as:
- Improved App Blocking. On some devices, persistent kids are able to 'fast tap' and open an App that should be blocked. This beta introduces a 'double-check' which should prevent this from happening.
- Per App Daily Limit! Yes, it can be tested. This can only be tested from the Beta Boomerang Web Management Dashboard and not from the normal Boomerang Web Dashboard.
- Login into the Beta Boomerang Web Management Dashboard and then click on your child device and then go to the Installed Apps.
- Here, click on the "Hourglass" icon adjacent to the App that you want to limit and select the Per App Daily Limit.
- Routine maintenance and several other under the hood optimizations such as an issue with Amazon's Video App that was not previously being timed.
What do you think of this beta? Please leave a comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org