Information for testing our per app limit prototype
- Android child device with the latest Boomerang Parental Control version (8.24 or higher)
- Special Web Dashboard link https://useboomerang-test.cloudapp.net/My (this site will be slower than our normal web dashboard)
*login with the same group email and password you currently use.
**your browser may bring up a security warning, it’s OK, we just didn’t activate all of the security since it’s a “temporary” environment for testing. Example from Safari, Tap Show Details > visit this website (similar on Chrome and other browsers)
How to set per app limits
- Login with your group email and password to the special Web Dashboard Login page
- Tap on your child's device and all the available configuration tabs will show up.
- Go to Installed Apps and tap on the hourglass icon to set a per app time limit:
Some important notes
- We do not have a current “how much time is left on each app” - that’s coming as part of some new designs we are working on (more below!). In our own testing with our kids, we found the counter was accurate but because kids didn’t have a visual counter, they assumed the counter was wrong
- This is a prototype - there will be issues - leave a comment on this article and we will answer you. If you prefer, email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coming soon! Child Mode redesign and per app limit information.
These are work in progress and could be completely changed by the time we launch these new screens. The goal is to present your child with their own stats and any per app limits parents have set (with the amount used up). We also want to provide this same dashboard to parents in a kind of "live view" which will include when was the app last used and for how long. Feedback on these should be emailed to Justin, at email@example.com.