Reddit contains pornographic, nude and inappropriate content so it is blocked under our custom “Prone to Porn” Category. To unblock it, you would uncheck the “Prone to Porn” category in the web management dashboard Boomerang Parental Control. Yet, there is a tradeoff. Now, other sites, such as Twitter, Tumblr, Imgur will work too which also are “Prone to Porn.” This category covers respectable sites that are normally good but contain searchable pornography and inappropriate content. We do have on the roadmap a feature: “Add Good URL” – this would override the Categories. So in the future, you will be able to just allow a specific Reddit domain such as https://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/.
Articles in this section
- Making SPIN Safe Browser your default Android browser
- I enabled Self-Managed but want to switch to Accountability Partner mode
- Why is Google Images still showing racy images?
- Why does SPIN block Blogspot?
- Why does SPIN block Reddit?
- SPIN is not blocking an inappropriate website - how do I report this?
- SPIN is blocking a website that should not be blocked - how do I report this?
- Is SPIN available for Macs, Windows or Chromebooks?
- Can I manage the filters and sites that SPIN allows or blocks?
- Why can I search for Pornography by using other Browsers?