Google wants to shut down our safe calling & safe texting features; Help Needed!

Follow

Comments

8 comments

• Jason Sepeda

Yes, this should be a core, because it's one of the main reasons that makes boomerang so great as far as me feeling safer as my children on electronic devices

• Patrick J. Power

I agree these controls need to be reserved and allowed for true legit parental control applications. Whether you need to meet certain qualifications or sign a certain contract to recognize it. Somehow Google needs to make it allowed. It's a scary world out there for kids and only getting worse. Parents need to keep their children safe from predators and bullies. They also need piece of mind.

• Keith Nelson

I use this feature on my kids phone and I believe boomerang deserves to be allowed to run under this exception. I appreciate being able to know when someone is trying to communicate with my daughter. Just recently there was some piece of crap 23 year old hitting on my 16 year old daughter. I am so grateful that I was able to see his texts and read the trash her was writing her. Thanks Boomerang!

• Finlandia

Caring parents are usually good parents. National Edtech serves the society in amounts that far surpass any potential harm caused by the surveillance of text messages and calls. This company does not do any malice!

• Diana Lynch

The safe features available for calls and texts that are not listed in contacts are the most attractive features offered by the boomerang team in my opinion. Why is there not a clause readily available for parents that opt into this monitoring for the safety of their children? Shame on you Google. I am immediately emailed when an unknown call or text is placed to my child's phone. I have the ability to force unknown calls straight to voicemail to prohibit spam or strangers from reaching my minor child. This is simple..... grant exception. Alternatively, I'm sure every parent registered with Boomerang would be willing to approve an outrageously long waiver of rights written by high-paid corporate lawyers that removes Google from liability so we can continue to use this more than reasonably price app that provides exponential peace to parents utilizing their amazing child SAFETY (aka: monitoring) services. 

• Andrea Gray

Please do not remove the boomerang parental app. It app has been a lifesaver for us. My sons bio mom was texting him lies and calling him. Because of the boomerang app we were able to show the judge exactly what she was saying and when she called him. It was this app that has saved my son from being in a toxic relationship with his bio mom.

Because of the text monitoring we were able to monitor my sons messages about wanting to hurt himself. We were able to admit him to a hospital that changed his meds and very honestly saved his life.

We are able to monitor everything in one location and it’s so needed. In today’s society having an app like boomerang parental controls is necessary.

I use the app on 3 phones and there is nothing like it.

Please do not ban it.

• Gerald Story

Having the ability to know when someone is trying to contact my children is a must and this application lets me do just that.  Don't take that away Google.  I love your stuff, please don't kill this product.

• gaylemgoodwin

I have a child with disabilities that has very limited executive functions. By using this app I have been able to stop four different bullies and block their numbers and see text messages that relate to her self harm. She had to go to the hospital last November. If I did not have access to text messaging and call blocking I would never have been able to get her into the hospital where she needed to be before she hurt herself. Google please do not take this app away this is a core function for parents especially with kids with disabilities who are prone to be able to be bullied and not be able to defend themselves which leads to major depression and hospitalization and self hurting. If I do not have access to these my child may be gone instead of being hospitalized and medicated. Having a locator on it is also great cuz she often doesn't realize where she is and gets lost instead of using the map feature or she will tell me one thing I'm going to the park and then end up at another location so the GPS function for me keeps her totally safe. This is been a lifesaver for the two of us including preventing her from getting bullied any further by having text and call blocking. For any parent with a child with disabilities this is a must have on their child's phone

Please sign in to leave a comment.