• Total activity 169
  • Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 67
  • Subscriptions 51

Activity overview

Latest activity by JP
  • JP created an article,

How do I turn off the "Manage SPIN is protecting your device for safe browsing" notification?

Google requires we show a permanent notification when an app is running the background. On Android 8.0 (Oreo) and higher, you can turn off this notification without affecting other notifications (T...

• JP created an article,

Why does my child's device always show a "Boomerang is active and working" notification?

Google requires we show a permanent notification when an app is running the background. On Android 8.0 (Oreo) and higher, you can turn off this notification without affecting other notifications (F...

• JP created an article,

Boomerang drains my child's battery

This list will keep growing but here are a few scenarios we have supported in regards to battery drain when Boomerang is installed on your child's device. In the majority of cases, Boomerang doesn'...

• JP created an article,

Troubleshooting location tracking

Here are a few tips to review when troubleshooting your child's device location not refreshing as expected. Location refresh for both Android and iOS should occur automatically as the device moves ...

• JP created an article,

How to remove Google's Family Link

Removing Google Family Link Google's Family Link ties itself to your child's age. As soon as they turn 13, they automatically get control over their Google Account which results in disabling all co...

• JP created an article,

Boomerang vs. Google's Family Link

Conflicts Install apps from Unknown Sources Google’s Family Link blocks access to enabling Unknown Sources. This is a key requirement for our full version of Boomerang available from our website. B...

• JP created an article,

Unknown Sources is blocked by Administrator (Google Family Link installed?)

Background We have found that Google's Family Link applies a block to changing the preference of the Install unknown apps setting. We require this setting to be changed temporarily when installing ...

• JP created an article,

Battery Optimizers - ASUS devices

Background The battery optimization on some ASUS devices can occasionally break our Accessibility permissions service. Exempting Boomerang from any optimizations usually fixes this issue.  When Boo...

• JP created an article,

How to get Boomerang's Call and SMS features

Background To ensure safe calling and safe texting features continue for you, it is essential to install the version from our download page on your child's Android smartphone. This change is thanks...

• JP created an article,

How to cancel or change my Manage SPIN subscription?

The following steps are copied from Google's resource on Cancel, pause, or change a subscription on Google Play Cancel a subscription Uninstalling the app will not cancel your subscription. On you...