• Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 67
  • Subscriptions 73

Activity overview

Latest activity by JP
  • JP created an article,

How to turn off Google Play Protect

For background on this article, please refer to our email sent to our user base on October 2nd 2020. The following steps will hopefully be a temporary fix once we get removed from Google's Play Pro...

• JP created an article,

How do I turn off protection on an Android child mode?

If you require turning Boomerang Parental Control's protection off on your child's Android device, here are two ways to perform this from your child's Android device or from your parent Android or ...

• JP created an article,

How to install Boomerang Parental Control on Amazon Kindle tablets

Since Amazon Kindle tablets do not have Google Play installed on them, here are two options to use in order to install Boomerang Parental Control on your child's tablet. Option 1: Install from our ...

• JP created an article,

Accessibility permission was disabled

Problem Did you receive an email mentioning that the Accessibility permission was disabled on your child's Android device? If yes, please follow the steps below to diagnose why this is occurring.  ...

• JP created an article,

How do I update my child's Boomerang Parental Control app?

From Google Play Used primarily for Parent devices and Android tablet devices. Parents that have kids with smartphones and want to monitor calls and text messages need to use the version from our W...

• JP created an article,

Plex app cannot play videos when Boomerang Parental Control is enabled. How to fix?

From our user reports so far, this issue seems to affect Samsung devices only. If you have a non-Samsung device and you are experiencing something similar, please comment below or email our support...

• JP created an article,

Why is the daily app limit already used up when I just added it now?

App daily timers get reset at midnight on a daily basis. If an app gets an app limit added to it after the app was already used by your child that day, we will grab the usage for that day as part o...

• JP created an article,

How to prevent Guest Mode accounts

Most Android devices allow multiple users to use the same device. This multi-user feature can be used to circumvent our device protection by either going into Guest Mode or creating a second user a...

• JP created an article,

Android 10 and Boomerang Parental Control

The following are are areas that have been reported by users. We continue to monitor adoption of Android 10 and plan to support and fix the listed issues below.  Location Permission Android 10 intr...

• JP created an article,

How to prevent Guest accounts on your child's Android device

Most Android devices allow multiple users to use the same device. On child devices using Boomerang Parental Control, this can be used to circumvent our protection by either going into Guest Mode or...