This is a very big, important and popular topic so let’s start with some background:
SPIN Safe Browser, by default, allows YouTube but in a ‘safer’ way as we enforce YouTube’s Restricted Mode and it can’t be disabled.
Boomerang Parental Control, by default, allows the YouTube App to work and logs all the YouTube viewing history as well as the YouTube searches.
Using Boomerang, you can do the following:
- Make the YouTube App safer by implementing “Safe YouTube” and lock it in!
- First, on the child’s device, go to YouTube Settings, General and Toggle ON Restricted Mode (no 17+ videos).
- Then using Boomerang in Parent Mode, go to the Advanced Device Settings and toggle on “Block YouTube app Settings Access” or by going to the Boomerang Web Dashboard’s YouTube Tab and checking “Block YouTube Settings Access.”
- Block YouTube Completely:
- Block YouTube App: In Boomerang’s Parent Mode, go to Manage Apps and scroll down to YouTube and use the drop down to “Block” or by going to the Boomerang Web Dashboard’s Installed Apps Tab and scrolling down to find YouTube and clicking the adjacent red “x” to it.
- Block YouTube in SPIN: Go to the Boomerang Web Dashboard’s Web Browsing Tab. Here, click on Edit and check the “YouTube” category to block YouTube.
- YouTube videos can also be played within Google Plus and Bing Search so for prudence, in the Web Browsing Tab, add plus.google.com and bing.com to the specifically blocked.