Here are a few tips to review when troubleshooting your child's device location not refreshing as expected. Location refresh for both Android and iOS should occur automatically as the device moves as long as it has a strong cellular connection (wi-fi works too but wouldn't provide a consistent refresh of location until the device is connected to a wi-fi connection).
1. Make sure the permissions to the GPS are still enabled for Boomerang Parental Control? Go to Settings and search for "app permissions".
2. Does your child use the aggressive battery saver setting on their smartphone? This can sometimes turn off the GPS to save additional battery.
3. Does your child's device have a good internet connection at all times (data via cellular and wi-fi)? Are there specific times when the refresh is slower? Could it be the device is turned off?
1. Review our app's permissions under iOS Settings > Location Services.
2. Does your child have a good internet connection at all times (data via cellular and wi-fi)? Are there specific times when the refresh is slower? Could it be the device is turned off?
3. Is your child receiving the location refresh notifications when you request a refresh from Parent Mode? On iOS, we cannot automatically grab the location when requested from Parent Mode, iOS requires the user to tap on the notification which opens Boomerang Parental Control and then sends the current location.